Keep up to date on all that’s happening in
Chief Solano District!
Summer Grant Reports
This is a reminder to all units who received a summer grant of $500 – the anonymous grantors only had one condition. They would like to see a report on how your unit used the funds. Reports are due no later than September 30th. You can find the report form here.
Guide to Safe Scouting
The Guide to Safe Scouting is now available online, updated quarterly. The new version includes changes to the Safety Afloat section, an updated COPE/Climbing section and an updated Transportation section.
Current and Upcoming Events
- Roundtable – October 13 at CUMC, Fairfield, Doors open at 6:30 pm
- Boys Scouts – New Troop Leader Guidebook, Volumes 1 & 2
- Cub Scouts – Managing Boy Behavior
- Wood Badge – Two weekends in September and October 2016. More information…
- Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (IOLS) – October 14-15, 2016. More information…
- Webeloree – Oct. 1-2, and Nov. 5-6, at Camp Herms in El Cerrito. Registration is now open. More information…
- Fall Training Opportunities – October 14 – 15
- October 15 – BALOO (required training for Cub Leaders leading overnighters with Cub Scouts)
- October 14-15 – Outdoor Webelos Leader Training for Webelos Den Leaders. Open to all Webelos parents. This is an overnight class.
- October 14-15 – Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills for Scoutmasters, Assistant Scoutmasters, and other adult leaders in Troops.
Registration information is coming soon.
- Fall Fest at Camp Lindblad – October 15-16 for Cub Scouts and their families. More information…
SEPTEMBER is Youth Protection Training Month in Chief Solano District! It takes less than an hour to complete the training online, and you shouldn’t wait until your current training expires to retake the course – DO IT NOW!! All registered adult leaders, committee members, and merit badge counselors are required to complete this training!