CAMPOREE CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER – More information posted here as soon as available.
Keep up to date on all that’s happening in
Chief Solano District!
We’re on Social Media!
Current and Upcoming Events
- Roundtable – May 9, 7 pm, Doors open at 6:30 pm – VENUE CHANGE to 806 Travis Blvd, Fairfield (LDS Chapel) for this meeting only.
- District Committee Meeting – May 16, 7 pm – Community United Methodist Church, Fairfield
Spring Camporee – May 17-19, Yolo Sportsmen’s Center. Cancelled due to weather conditions More information soon
- Camporee Service Dates:
- Sunday, May 5, 8:00 am to Noon and Noon to 4:00 pm (two sessions)
The Camporee Packet can be downloaded here.
- Cub Scout DAY Camp – June 24-28, Rockville Presbyterian Fellowship on Suisun Valley Road in Fairfield. Click here for more details. REGISTER HERE; early bird pricing extended through May 31!
- Applications are now available for the Summer Adventure Grant program. Download the Application and After-Action Report forms HERE. For more information on the Summer Adventure Grant program and details on how it all works, click HERE.
UPDATED YOUTH PROTECTION TRAINING
Effective now, all prior youth protection trainings will no longer be available (this includes Venturing Youth Protection).
The UPDATED Youth Protection Training replaces all other Youth Protection trainings and is REQUIRED for ALL BSA programs (e.g. Venturing, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Exploring, etc.)
The New Mandatory Youth Protection Training is divided into three modules:
- Overview and Policies
- Sexual Abuse
By October 1st, 2018 – ALL NEW and CURRENT registered leaders will be required to complete the UPDATED Youth Protection Training regardless of whether they have recently completed the old training within the two-year validation window. Basically, all current adult members need to re-take youth protection training using the new training curriculum.
You must have a My.Scouting.org account to take the training, but BSA registration is not required.
The training certificate will only be available for printing after completing the three required training modules and passing the test which completes the Youth Protection Training.
Guide to Safe Scouting
The Guide to Safe Scouting is now available online, updated quarterly. The new version includes changes to the Safety Afloat section, an updated COPE/Climbing section and an updated Transportation section.