Keep up to date on all that’s happening in
Chief Solano District!
Camp Cards are here for all Mt Diablo Silverado Council Packs, Troops and Crews!
The Camp Card initiative is designed to help Scouts earn their way to summer resident camp, high adventure camps, or Cub Scout day camp. Units participating in this program will earn 50% commission ($5.00) for each $10 Camp Card they sell. The Sale will kick-off on March 29th and end on May 25th, giving units nearly 2 months to sell and close out their accounts.
This program is RISK FREE, simply return unsold cards before or on May 25th. For more information, see the Council webpage for Camp Cards.
A list of units in our District paticipating in the sale of the Camp Cards will be available soon!
Current and Upcoming Events
- March 15 – Membership Summit, CUMC, 1875 Fairfield Ave, Fairfield at 6:30pm
- March 22 – District Roundtable, CUMC, 1875 Fairfield Ave, Fairfield at 7pm
- March 24 – Eagle Honors Dinner, 6pm, Rockville Bible Church, 720 Link Rd., Fairfield
- March 29 – Camp Card sales begin
- April 12 – District Roundtable, CUMC, 1875 Fairfield Ave, Fairfield at 7pm
Boy Scout Breakout – Geocaching
- April 14 – Build A Car at Lowe’s – more information…
- April 21 – Pinewood Derby Race at Lowe’s – more information…
- April 21-22 – Cub Scout Leader BALOO Training at Camp Herms. Click for details
- April 27-29 – Spring Camporee. Download the full packet here.
- May 25 – Camp Card sales close
- June 9 – Troop8317 BSA Boat Program begins – click for more information
- June 25-29 – Twilight Camp – More information and registration link here.
CALLING ALL CUB (and potential) SCOUTS!
Pinewood Derby is APRIL 21!!
The 9th Annual District Pinewood Derby will be April 21, with April 14 designated as Build A Car day. The event will be held at Lowe’s in Fairfield Click here for more information, and you can REGISTER at this link.
Local Cub Scout Pack activities and information will be added to the page as it becomes available.
UPDATED YOUTH PROTECTION TRAINING
Effective now, all prior youth protection trainings will no longer be available (this includes Venturing Youth Protection).
The UPDATED Youth Protection Training replaces all other Youth Protection trainings and is REQUIRED for ALL BSA programs (e.g. Venturing, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Exploring, etc.)
The New Mandatory Youth Protection Training is divided into three modules:
- Overview and Policies
- Sexual Abuse
By October 1st, 2018 – ALL NEW and CURRENT registered leaders will be required to complete the UPDATED Youth Protection Training regardless of whether they have recently completed the old training within the two-year validation window. Basically, all current adult members need to re-take youth protection training using the new training curriculum.
You must have a My.Scouting.org account to take the training, but BSA registration is not required.
The training certificate will only be available for printing after completing the three required training modules and passing the test which completes the Youth Protection Training.
Guide to Safe Scouting
The Guide to Safe Scouting is now available online, updated quarterly. The new version includes changes to the Safety Afloat section, an updated COPE/Climbing section and an updated Transportation section.