Keep up to date on all that’s happening in
Chief Solano District!
We’re on Social Media!
Current and Upcoming Events
- Roundtable – March 14, 7 pm, Doors open at 6:30 pm – Community United Methodist Church, Fairfield
- District Committee Meeting – March 21, 7 pm – Community United Methodist Church, Fairfield
- Eagle Honors Dinner – March 23, Rockville Bible Church, 720 Link Road.
- STEM Scouting Adventure at Sonoma Raceway – the Shell Eco-Marathon Americas 2019 is April 3-6, with a special Cub Scout day on April 6. Check here for registration and more information. It’s FREE!
- IOLS Training at Rockville Park, April 12-13, 2019. More information…
- Spring Camporee – May 17-19, Yolo Sportsmen’s Center. The Patch Contest is ON! Download the entry form here
- Camporee Service Dates:
- Sunday, April 14, 8:00 am to Noon and Noon to 4:00 pm (two sessions)
- Saturday, April 27, 8:00 am to Noon and Noon to 4:00 pm (two sessions)
- Sunday, May 5, 8:00 am to Noon and Noon to 4:00 pm (two sessions)
The Camporee Packet can be downloaded here.
- Cub Scout Twilight Camp – June 24-28, Location TBA Registration and information links here
UPDATED YOUTH PROTECTION TRAINING
Effective now, all prior youth protection trainings will no longer be available (this includes Venturing Youth Protection).
The UPDATED Youth Protection Training replaces all other Youth Protection trainings and is REQUIRED for ALL BSA programs (e.g. Venturing, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Exploring, etc.)
The New Mandatory Youth Protection Training is divided into three modules:
- Overview and Policies
- Sexual Abuse
By October 1st, 2018 – ALL NEW and CURRENT registered leaders will be required to complete the UPDATED Youth Protection Training regardless of whether they have recently completed the old training within the two-year validation window. Basically, all current adult members need to re-take youth protection training using the new training curriculum.
You must have a My.Scouting.org account to take the training, but BSA registration is not required.
The training certificate will only be available for printing after completing the three required training modules and passing the test which completes the Youth Protection Training.
Guide to Safe Scouting
The Guide to Safe Scouting is now available online, updated quarterly. The new version includes changes to the Safety Afloat section, an updated COPE/Climbing section and an updated Transportation section.