Keep up to date on all that’s happening in
Chief Solano District!
Are you current with your Youth Protection Training? It takes less than an hour to complete the training online, and you shouldn’t wait until your current training expires to retake the course – DO IT NOW!! All registered adult leaders, committee members, and merit badge counselors are required to complete this training!
Guide to Safe Scouting
The Guide to Safe Scouting is now available online, updated quarterly. The new version includes changes to the Safety Afloat section, an updated COPE/Climbing section and an updated Transportation section.
Current and Upcoming Events
- Chief Solano
DayTwilight Camp is now in session!
- Jump Start Training for Cub Scout Leaders – July 13th, 7:00pm (doors open at 6:30) in place of the July Roundtable meeting at CUMC, 1875 Fairfield Ave., Fairfield. Steve deRosier, Cub Scout Leader Training Chair, will lead this informative training for current and prospective Cub Scout leaders. No cost or pre-sign up, just show up!
- Roundtable – August 10th – Fall Popcorn kickoff, Recruitment, Lion Leader training.
LION Program Updates
REMINDER – LION TRAINING SCHEDULE
For Unit Leaders and Lion Guides
Training Dates and times:
- Wednesday, July 26, 7pm, Council Office
- Tuesday, August 1, 7pm, Council Office
- Thursday, August 10, 7pm Chief Solano Roundtable, Community United Methodist Church in Fairfield
Unit leaders must complete training before Lions can be signed up for your unit. New Lions must be 5 years old by September 1st and enrolled in kindergarten.
As this is still a Pilot, Packs that wish to participate in Lions must attend the training program and agree to abide by the Pilot program guidelines.