Keep up to date on all that’s happening in
Chief Solano District!
We’re on Social Media!
Current and Upcoming Events
- Troop 150 Christmas Tree Sales! NOW til trees are gone!
- Hours: M-F 5pm-8pm, Saturday 10am-8pm, Sunday 10am-7pm
- See Troop 150’s Facebook page for more info
- Roundtable – December 13 – Scoutbook Presentation
- District Committee Meeting – December 20
- Christmas Tree Recycling dates – January 5 & 12. More information…
- Leader Education And Discovery (LEAD) – January 26, 2019 – Download the flyer
- District Pinewood Derby at Lowe’s in Fairfield – February 23, 2019. Download the flyer
- February 2 – Build a Car @Lowe’s, Fairfield, 10 am
- February 9 – Build A Car @Lowe’s, Fairfield, 10 am
- IOLS Training at Rockville Park, April 12-13, 2019. More information…
UPDATED YOUTH PROTECTION TRAINING
Effective now, all prior youth protection trainings will no longer be available (this includes Venturing Youth Protection).
The UPDATED Youth Protection Training replaces all other Youth Protection trainings and is REQUIRED for ALL BSA programs (e.g. Venturing, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Exploring, etc.)
The New Mandatory Youth Protection Training is divided into three modules:
- Overview and Policies
- Sexual Abuse
By October 1st, 2018 – ALL NEW and CURRENT registered leaders will be required to complete the UPDATED Youth Protection Training regardless of whether they have recently completed the old training within the two-year validation window. Basically, all current adult members need to re-take youth protection training using the new training curriculum.
You must have a My.Scouting.org account to take the training, but BSA registration is not required.
The training certificate will only be available for printing after completing the three required training modules and passing the test which completes the Youth Protection Training.
Guide to Safe Scouting
The Guide to Safe Scouting is now available online, updated quarterly. The new version includes changes to the Safety Afloat section, an updated COPE/Climbing section and an updated Transportation section.