Keep up to date on all that’s happening in
Chief Solano District!
Guide to Safe Scouting
The Guide to Safe Scouting is now available online, updated quarterly. The new version includes changes to the Safety Afloat section, an updated COPE/Climbing section and an updated Transportation section.
Current and Upcoming Events
- March 8 – District Roundtable, CUMC, 1875 Fairfield Ave, Fairfield at 7pm
Boy Scout Breakout – Camping Trip Activities & Reporting Campouts
- March 15 – District Committee Meeting, CUMC, 1875 Fairfield Ave, Fairfield at 7pm
- March 24 – Eagle Honors Dinner, 6pm, Rockville Bible Church, 720 Link Rd., Fairfield
- April 21-22 – Cub Scout Leader BALOO Training at Camp Herms. Click for details
- April 27-29 – Spring Camporee. Download the full packet here.
- June 25-29 – Twilight Camp – More information and registration link coming soon.
DATE CHANGE for Pinewood Derby
Please note that the 9th Annual District Pinewood Derby has been moved to April 21, with April 14 designated as Build A Car day. The event will still be held at Lowe’s in Fairfield, all that has changed is the date! More information will be available soon!
UPDATED YOUTH PROTECTION TRAININGEffective now, all prior youth protection trainings will no longer be available (this includes Venturing Youth Protection).
The UPDATED Youth Protection Training replaces all other Youth Protection trainings and is REQUIRED for ALL BSA programs (e.g. Venturing, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Exploring, etc.)
The New Mandatory Youth Protection Training is divided into three modules:
- Overview and Policies
- Sexual Abuse
By October 1st, 2018 – ALL NEW and CURRENT registered leaders will be required to complete the UPDATED Youth Protection Training regardless of whether they have recently completed the old training within the two-year validation window. Basically, all current adult members need to re-take youth protection training using the new training curriculum.
You must have a My.Scouting.org account to take the training, but BSA registration is not required.
The training certificate will only be available for printing after completing the three required training modules and passing the test which completes the Youth Protection Training.