~~ SAVE THE DATE! ~~ April 24-26, 2020!
Northern Regional Camporee – Patch Contest is ON!
Keep up to date on all that’s happening in
Chief Solano District!
We’re on Social Media!
Current and Upcoming Events
- LEAD 2020 – January 25, 2020 More information… or Registration
- Pancake Breakfast – Kick off to Scout Sunday! February 9, 2020 – More details…
- District Roundtable – February 13, 2020, 7:00pm at CUMC, 1875 Fairfield Ave., Fairfield. Doors open at 6:30pm
- District Committee Meeting – February 20, 2020, 7:00pm at CUMC, 1875 Fairfield Ave., Fairfield
- Eagle Honors Dinner – March 21, 2020. Help us honor our newest Eagle Scouts! More information…
- 11th Annual District Pinewood Derby – March 28, 2020. Build Days are March 7 & 14. Download the flyer, and see this page for more information…
- P-TAGS Training – March 30, 2020. Location and topics announced soon!
- Northern Regional Camporee – April 24-26, 2020 at Skyline Park in Napa. More details, packets, registration coming soon!
UPDATED YOUTH PROTECTION TRAINING
Effective now, all prior youth protection trainings will no longer be available (this includes Venturing Youth Protection).
The UPDATED Youth Protection Training replaces all other Youth Protection trainings and is REQUIRED for ALL BSA programs (e.g. Venturing, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Exploring, etc.)
The New Mandatory Youth Protection Training is divided into three modules:
- Overview and Policies
- Sexual Abuse
By October 1st, 2018 – ALL NEW and CURRENT registered leaders will be required to complete the UPDATED Youth Protection Training regardless of whether they have recently completed the old training within the two-year validation window. Basically, all current adult members need to re-take youth protection training using the new training curriculum.
You must have a My.Scouting.org account to take the training, but BSA registration is not required.
The training certificate will only be available for printing after completing the three required training modules and passing the test which completes the Youth Protection Training.
Guide to Safe Scouting
The Guide to Safe Scouting is now available online, updated quarterly. The new version includes changes to the Safety Afloat section, an updated COPE/Climbing section and an updated Transportation section.