Summer Adventure Grants
For a third summer a generous donor within our District has made available a limited number of “Summer Grants” for Scout Units. Units must submit the attached application for consideration.
Goal: To provide financial assistance to any Chief Solano District scout unit to engage in memorable summertime excursions or activities.
Description: The maximum grant is $500 per unit. Grants will be awarded by the Chief Solano District Key 3 based on financial need, quality of proposed excursion/s, and satisfactory use of previous years’ grants.
- Grant requests must be submitted to the District Key 3 by June 1, 2018.
- Funds may be used only for gasoline, admissions, and food.
- An After-Action Report must be submitted within a month of activity completion.
- A photo of the destination showing signage must accompany the After-Action Report.
- Receipts for expenses must be provided with the After-Action Report.
- Grants are limited to units chartered in CHIEF SOLANO DISTRICT ONLY.
Both the Grant Application and the After-Action report form are included in the PDF file that you can download below.