Summer Adventure Grants
For a fourth summer a generous donor within our District has made available a limited number of “Summer Grants” for Scout Units. Units must submit the attached application for consideration. There are some changes on the Grant form, so read carefully.
Goal: To provide financial assistance to any Chief Solano District scout unit to engage in memorable summertime excursions or activities.
Description: The maximum grant is $500 per unit. One grant may be used for two excursions or activities over the summer of 2019. Grants will be awarded by the Chief Solano District Key 3 based on financial need, quality of proposed excursion/s, and satisfactory use and compliance with grant requirement of previous years.
- Grant requests must be submitted to a member of the Chief Solano District Key 3 by June 1, 2019.
- Funds may be used only for gasoline, admissions, and food.
- All BSA requirements for scouting trips must be met.
- An After-Action Report must be submitted to the Chief Solano District Executive team within one month of completion of the activity.
- Photos showing recognizable signage of the destination and reflecting the activity is requested to be submitted with the After-Action Report. Photos will be used for future scouting membership and recruitment promotions.Ensure the photos are BSA appropriate.
- Copies of receipts for funds used must be provided with the After-Action Report. Unused funds must be returned with the After-Action Report.
Both the Grant Application and the After-Action report form are included in the PDF file that you can download below.