Cub Scout Leader Position Specific Training has been developed to give you, a new leader, the knowledge and skills, as well as generate the enthusiasm, that you’ll need to be successful. It is made up of three parts: an introduction to Scouting and the Cub Scout pack, a module on how Cub Scouts have fun in the pack and den, and training for your specific Cub Scout position (Den Leader or Webelos Leader).
Prior to attending this classroom training, please take the online Fast Start, Youth Protection, and This is Scouting courses, found at www.scouting.org/Training/adult.aspx. To ensure you get credit for the training, be sure to register using your BSA ID# (found on your registration card, or by contacting your Unit leader).
March 12, 2016
8am to Noon
720 Link Road (Rockville Bible Church)
The cost is $10 (increases to $20 after March 4). Download the registration form here! Mail the form and payment to Registrar Christy Neura at the address on the form.
Den/Webelos Leader and Asst Den/Webelos Leader Specific Training Objectives
- To discuss the purposes of the Cub Scout program
- To learn what a Wolf/Bear/Webelos Cub Scout den leader does
- To plan and conduct a Wolf/Bear/Webelos Cub Scout den meeting
- To learn about Wolf/Bear/Webelos Cub Scout advancement and record keeping
- To discuss Wolf/Bear/Webelos Cub Scout behavior issues
- To have fun with Wolf/Bear/Webelos Cub Scouts
Questions? Contact Jay Sparks