Advancement and Recognition
Chief Solano District would like to acknowledge the advancement of the Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Varsity, Venture, and Sea Scouts along with the recognition of the adults who make this happen.
If you know of a scout or adult who should be recognized for a special action, facilitating an event, etc. please let me know.
If you have questions about advancement or recognition contact us:
Cub Scouts ~ Sam Qaré Advancement@ChiefSolanoBSA.org
Boy Scouts ~ Sam Qaré Advancement@ChiefSolanoBSA.org
Boy Scouts – Eagle Scout Project Coordinator ~ Jim Patchen email@example.com
Adult Awards of Recognition
- Den Leader Training Award – Earned by roundtable commissioner staff, Cub Scout leaders, Webelos Scout leaders, Boy Scout leaders, Varsity Scout leaders, Venturing leaders, Sea Scout leaders, commissioners, and district committee members.
- Scouter’s Training Award – Earned by roundtable commissioner staff, Cub Scout leaders, Webelos Scout leaders, Boy Scout leaders, Varsity Scout leaders, Venturing leaders, Sea Scout leaders, commissioners, and district committee members.
Scouter’s Key Award – Earned by Scoutmasters, Varsity Scout Coaches, Venturing Crew Advisors, district and assistant district commissioners, district committee members.
- Cubmaster’s Key Award
- Scoutmaster’s Key Award
- Coach’s Key Award
- Advisor’s Key Award
- Skipper’s Key Award
Unit Leader Award – Knot Guide
- Scouters Award of Merit
- Venturing Leadership Award
- Distinguished Commissioners Award see page 54, 55
- Order of the Arrow Distinguished Service Award
- Silver Beaver Award of Merit – The Silver Beaver Award is the council-level distinguished service award of the Boy Scouts of America. Recipients of this award are registered adult leaders who have made an impact on the lives of youth through service given to the council.The Silver Beaver is an award given to those who implement the Scouting program and perform community service through hard work, self sacrifice, dedication, and many years of service.
District Award of Merit
Available to registered Scouters who render service of an outstanding nature at the district level.
Unit Leader Award of Merit
Seven requirements must be met with nomination by the top youth leader (Cubmasters, Scoutmasters, Varsity Team Coaches, and Venturing Crew Advisors) if for a troop, team, or crew; nomination is certified by the unit commissioner.
Woods Services Award
This annual award has been established to recognize volunteers who have performed exceptional service and leadership in the field of Scouts with disabilities. Nominations must be submitted by December 31. He or she must be currently registered and have three or more years of volunteer service in any capacity related to Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, or Venturers with disabilities.
10.2.4.2 Torch of Gold Certificate
The Torch of Gold certificate, No. 33733, awarded by local councils, provides recognition to individuals who, over an extended period of time, have provided exceptional service to Scouting youth with special needs and disabilities. National approval is not involved.
Advancement Chair, Chief Solano District
Sam Qaré email: Advancement@ChiefSolanoBSA.org