9th Annual Chief Solano District
Pinewood Derby @ Lowe’s Home Improvement Store
N. Texas Street and Manual Campos Parkway
- 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Derby Race Day – April 21, 2018
- Weigh-In begins at 10:00 AM
- Race begins at 11:30 AM
Lowe’s is a huge supporter of Scouting and hosts Pinewood Derbies across the country for Cub Scouts and potential new recruits. Previous events have been well attended and very successful. In 2014, Fairfield hosted the largest Pinewood Derby event in the entire Lowe’s chain. They won company recognition, and are very excited to have us back year after year!
There will be one Build-a-Car day to help scouts and potential scouts get ready for race day.
This event is open to all current Cub Scouts (and their buddies), and the general public including girls. A limited supply of cars will be available on site to purchase for building. Packs are encouraged to provide cars to their Cubs ahead of time so that any Cub Scout who needs help with making the car can come on the build days to get it done.
The rules for building and racing are found in the official BSA Derby Kit box. All Wheels must be BSA approved.
The District Pinewood Derby needs your help.
- Cub Scout and adult leader presence at both the build and race days, specifically Derby Pit Crew people with race experience for the race day on April 21
- A donation of a gift basket or opportunity drawing prize for the Derby Day.
- Adults on the build day, April 14, with woodworking skills to help racers realize their dreams. There will be multiple stationsfor car design, sanding, wheel placement, etc.
- Boy Scouts in need of service hours to help out with both build and race days. Come in uniform on Build a Car day. We need Pit crew people with race and registration experience on race day, April 21!!
- Please contact us if you can help out by operating a saw, or by otherwise providing your woodworking skills (Lowe’s is providing us with all the tools, including saws!)- we need you to make the District Pinewood a success!
Pinewood Derby Organizer